Once you finish this Doggy Dan’s Online Dog Trainer Review (TheOnlineDogTrainer.com) you should have renewed hope that you can finally get your dog to behave the way you want him to. One of the reasons I got a dog in the first place was for security purposes. My dog isn’t going to put the fear of God into anyone. What he will do though is recognize when there is danger nearby and bark. That bark is better than any home security system, it can usually scare off a criminal, and even if it doesn’t it lets you know to be aware. While I originally got a dog for security, he quickly became a part of the family, and my wife and kids love him to death. He even gets along alright with our cat, who has issues of her own that aggravate me.
While I hate to admit it I love that dog as well, but he infuriates me with his consistent terrible behavior. When it’s time for his walk we don’t go for a walk, he tugs and pulls and takes me for a ride. If I leave a door or gate open he’s off to the races, I can’t tell you how many hours I have had to spend chasing that stupid dog down. On top of that he gets on the couch, which I don’t allow, he chews on everything, and he seems to think that he can pick and choose when to be housebroken. He’s also extremely energetic and aggressive and due to this he has knocked my kids over more than once, and he has nearly done it to me when he was jumping on me. If someone could go in a laboratory and create a dog that had the worst bad habits, then that would be my dog.
Having finally had enough of my dog’s outrageous behavior I decided to take matters into my own hands. I bought a choke chain and figured that he would mind better on a walk if pulling on his leash would choke him. I was wrong. I swear that dog would rather pass out from a lack of oxygen than listen to me when walking. I told him he was bad when I caught him chewing on things, and then later on he appears to have forgotten because I would catch him chewing again, and again, and again. I was really at the end of my rope, and it was getting to the point where I wanted that damn dog gone.
But as much as he infuriated me my kids loved him to death, my wife did as well, and even I still liked him, at least some of the time. So my methods had failed. I had to look in the mirror and admit that I needed help. This was not a proud moment for me. I had to admit that I was losing a battle of wills with a dog. A dog. But it had to be done, I couldn’t keep on living this way and I was going to find a way to get that dog to mind me even if it was the last thing I ever did.
The first thing I did was go to a dog trainer. I thought this will have to work, and I was wrong. There were a few problems with going to a dog trainer that kind of doomed the prospect before it had a chance to get off the ground floor. The first problem was that it was taking a lot of my time. I’m busy with work, and I have family things to do as well, I really didn’t have time to go to a dog trainer. I had to put the leash on my dog, wrestle him into my car, drive to the trainer, and then try to work with him. I just didn’t have time for this, and found myself having trouble making it to class with him. The other problem was that there were other dogs there that were really distracting for my dog. All of the barking, and whining, not to mention the peeing contests and sniffing, it was a lot of stimulation and it overwhelmed by dog. So even if I made it to his training classes I had no faith at all that it would work.
Common Mistakes Made By People When They Try To Train Their Dog:
1. Yelling at your dog. Yelling at your dog only serves one person, to make your dog feel sad or afraid. Your dog doesn’t have the ability to connect it’s bad behavior with your yelling. In fact your dog probably doesn’t even know what he did wrong. He just knows that you are yelling. Yelling is very upsetting to a dog and they can pick up on the fact that you aren’t happy with them. But since they can’t connect the bad behavior to your yelling they don’t learn from this type of approach.
2. Hitting your dog. This one should be a given, but under no circumstances should you ever hit your dog. Hitting a dog is a lot like yelling at him, only worse. Hitting your dog will make him fear and dislike you. Since I got my dog originally for security the last thing I wanted was an pooch that wasn’t loyal to me. Trust me if I can show enough restraint to not choke the life out of my dog, then you can do it as well.
3. Using a shock collar to control barking. Do you know why dog’s bark? They do it because they hear, smell, or sense a potential threat. When they bark they are trying to help you. Now that barking can get out of control and then you need to find ways to discourage your dog from barking as much. A lot of people turn to an electric collar that zaps your dog whenever he barks. This is nothing more than a form of abuse. Those shock collars hurt, and they can make your poor dog absolutely miserable. Worse yet if he does see a real threat he may not bark for fear of being shocked.
Discovering Doggy Dan’s Online Dog Trainer
Having failed to train my dog myself, and having failed at taking him to classes, I needed another approach. I wasn’t about to give in to him, he was going to mind me even if it killed him. The good news is that with all of the information that’s available online I was sure I would be able to find out something helpful. By this point I was just about ready to try anything. So I researched, and researched more and scoured the internet looking for the help that I needed to train my dog. That’s when I discovered Doggy Dan’s Online Dog Trainer. This was a eureka moment, for the first time I saw a training method that I thought might work even for my stubborn, disobedient, little friend.
What I really liked most about Doggy Dan’s Online Dog Trainer was that it was video based. While there were ways to print of lessons, having a video show you what to do, how to do it, and what to say to my dog was invaluable. I don’t know about you but I learn best when I see how something is done. You can try to describe a specific technique to use, and you can go into great detail, but a video is simply that much easier to learn from.
Ever skeptical I did my homework before I committed to paying for the site. I discovered that there was a great 3 day trial that only costs $1. That meant that I could see what this training was all about before I had to make much of a financial commitment. I also took the time to look for impartial reviews for Doggy Dan’s Online Dog Trainer hoping to see what people really thought about this training system. When looking for testimonials from real customers the most important thing I learned was that you couldn’t trust the website to be impartial about it’s own reviews. Of course there were glowing reviews and testimonials on Doggy Dan’s site. What surprised me was that as I dug a little deeper I discovered that those same types of glowing reviews were similar to what I found on different forums and discussion boards. Apparently most people loved this training method, which went a long way in getting me to buy into it as well.
When You Order Doggy Dan’s Online Dog Trainer What Do You Get For Your Money?
Okay now that I’ve told you how I found Doggy Dan, you are probably wondering what you get when you pay for access to the site. Now for those of you who may not be as comfortable as other with navigating websites, I can assure you that this site is easy to navigate and use. I’m pretty good with computers but there are times when a site I’m visiting is so poorly designed that it’s next to impossible to use. I’m happy to announce that is not the case with Doggy Dan’s Online Dog Trainer. You can quickly and easily find different videos on the site so that you can look for the areas where your dog needed the most help.
When I say that you get access to the entire site, I mean you get access to everything. I personally was amazed at just how much material there was on this site. There were instructional videos that covered just about everything you could imagine. Got a puppy that needs housebroken? Not a problem. Got a dog that chews? Also, not a problem. What about one that pulls on his leash and won’t mind you on walks? No problem. It’s a good thing that none of these were problems because my dog had all of these issues and then some.
You also get access to a forum where visitors to the site can post questions and interact with one another. Let me tell you that the forum is worth the cost of the entire site by itself. On the forum I was able to talk with other dog owners and find out about their struggles. I learned that I wasn’t alone, and that apparently there were many dogs that had the types of behavioral issues that my dog had. I was able to ask them questions and get advice on what training videos to focus on first. I think more than anything getting the moral support of others who understood what I was dealing with was invaluable.
What Did I Learn From The Website And What Can You Expect To Learn?
1. One of the most useful things I learned was to think how my dog was thinking. Most dogs are very bright, and are capable of understanding a lot of what you say to them. But they don’t understand everything, after all they aren’t as smart as we are. What Doggy Dan’s Online Dog Trainer did so well was to let me see the world through my dogs eyes. It let me understand his train of thought and how he interpreted what I was saying to him. Instead of being frustrated, going forward I had learned a way to more effectively communicate with my dog.
2. Another major breakthrough I had was when I learned that much of my dog’s behavior was his way of trying to establish dominance. Dogs are pack animals they don’t work well without a well defined relationship. You have two choices then, you can let your dog bully you and be the boss, or you can show him you are in charge. By learning to establish dominance a lot of the disruptive behavior that I couldn’t stand ended. Once my dog looked up at me and realized I was his master it was like a light went on. A dog that recognizes you as it’s master will do almost anything to please you. Once you learn how to establish this relationship it will be much easier for you to get your dog to mind and listen.
3. One thing that I want to make very clear is that Doggy Dan’s Online Dog Trainer is not a magic solution that will transform your dog overnight. It will work for you, and you can train your dog, but it’s going to take time and effort. You need to be able to build a relationship with your dog and you need to learn how to communicate with him. You also need to establish yourself as the alpha in your relationship with your dog. It’s going to take some time, but it’s time well spent.
4. I also discovered that there were a lot of different approaches to take when training your dog, and that you needed to customize your training methods based upon your dog. The great thing is that there are a lot of options available with Doggy Dan’s Online Dog Trainer, and he goes over how each of them work. After learning about them, and getting Doggy Dan’s input, you will be able to choose the right approach to be able to reach your dog.
What Are The Best Features Of Doggy Dan’s Online Dog Trainer?
1. Doggy Dan’s Online Dog Trainer is video based. For me that was huge. I do okay when I’m reading material, but I do a lot better if I can see it in front of me being done. If you tell me how to get my dog to sit and stay I might get it. If you show me exactly what you mean then I will get it. For anyone out there like me, who needs to see something in action for it to stick, this training method is a revelation.
2. Doing online dog training is also so much more convenient than having to drive to a trainer. I’m willing to be you have a job. Probably a wife and kids as well. So you have a lot of free time to burn right? Just kidding, obviously your busy. So why would you want to waste time trying to squeeze in dog training with a trainer? Do you really want to have to work training into your schedule, or do you want to be able to do it anytime?
3. Doggy Dan’s Online Dog Trainer is also much more cost effective than paying for a private dog trainer. Dog trainers can charge a lot of money, and with kids to feed I didn’t have the kind of disposable income that would allow me to hire a trainer. Fortunately Doggy Dan’s Online Dog Trainer is less expensive than hiring a personal dog trainer, and in my opinion it’s more effective as well.
4. Since Doggy Dan’s Online Dog Trainer is available online you can refer to it for help anytime. If you wake up at 3 a.m. to the sound of your dog chewing you need to put a stop to this behavior right away. Have you ever tried to call a dog trainer at 3 a.m.? Hopefully not, but if you did they probably weren’t to thrilled with you waking them. On the other hand Doggy Dan’s Online Dog Trainer is available any time. Got a problem in the middle of the night? No problem, just go to the site and look for input on how to handle the situation.
How Did My Life Change For The Better After Trying Doggy Dan’s Online Dog Trainer?
Before trying Doggy Dan’s Online Dog Trainer I was at the point where I was starting to hate my dog. He was just so infuriating that I took no joy at all in doing anything with him. Taking him for a walk was a nightmare. He’d tug and pull and it was like he was walking me. He’d pull at other dogs, sniff and go to the bathroom everywhere, and just generally refuse to listen to anything I said. Then you combine that with his chewing, and barking, and jumping on the kids and me, and going to the bathroom in the house, and I think you can understand why I was feeling the way that I was. My dog was a nightmare to deal with. A nightmare.
Now after vising Doggy Dan’s Online Dog Trainer website the changes have come so quickly that I can hardly believe it. In fact if I hadn’t seen it myself I wouldn’t believe it. The simple, easy to follow methods that Doggy Dan teaches worked better than I could have ever hoped. Now I looked forward to my walks with my dog. In fact I could trust him to stay by my side and probably could have even taken his leash off and I’ll bet he would still have listened. I’ll tell you that my wife and I are both thrilled that we won’t have to be getting the carpet cleaner out anytime soon because our dog finally is housebroken. He also quit barking all the time, so now when he barks I know that it’s for a good reason. My younger kids are also a lot more comfortable around our dog since he no longer jumps on them and knocks them over.
They say that a dog is man’s best friend, and I can see why now. Before I swear it was like my dog was punishment sent to make me miserable for something I did wrong. I tried to think of what I could have possibly done to deserve this. Now it’s the complete opposite. My dog is a companion that I trust, and now I know that I can count on him to do what I want. He’s safe around my kids now since he no longer has the bad habit of jumping on people when he gets excited. It’s also nice to not have to wrestle with him as he tries to bolt out of the door every time it opens.
I now have a good dog. A dog that minds me, that respects me, and most importantly still loves and cares about me and my family. It was Doggy Dan’s training methods that promoted understanding and compassion that made all of this possible. Thinking back I can’t believe I ever used a choke chain on this poor little guy. Learning the right way to train him was a great decision, and now that our relationship is established he seems much happier as well.
Who Is Doggy Dan? What Kind Of Training And Background Does He Have?
Obviously any time I’m going to spend my money on something I’m going to want to know that it’s money well spent. Granted the amount of money Doggy Dan’s training was going to cost me wasn’t much, but it was still my money. So I dug a little bit and found out as much as I could about Doggy Dan and what made him qualified to be training me. I discovered that Doggy Dan, whose real name is Daniel Abdelnoor, is a professional dog trainer that is highly sought after. Based in New Zealand he has worked with large groups, is a highly thought of author on dog training, and is even the preferred dog trainer for many celebrities.
Daniel Abdelnoor is also a staunch animal right’s activist and believes that animals need to be treated with kindness and understanding. This is what is at the heart of his training methods. Instead of losing your temper or being mean to your dog, Daniel stresses that you have to show love and compassion all the time. When you do that you get your dog to accept you as the alpha, then he will do nearly anything for you.
Daniel’s training methods are so effective, and he was in such high demand, he felt as if he was being pulled in all directions at once. As a dog lover he wanted nothing more than to help people build a strong bond with their dog so that they could both be as happy as possible. But he was only one man, and he only had so much time. So what he did was create a website with video based training so that he could share his knowledge with the world. Doggy Dan’s Online Dog Training is the result of his hard work and passion, and it’s a program I highly recommend.
Alternatives To Consider
After reading this Doggy Dan’s Online Dog Trainer review I would hope that you make the smart choice and order it right away. After all I think that I was pretty convincing, and the fact that the program worked so well for me should show you what it can do for you. But if you aren’t convinced that’s also fine. I hope though that you haven’t given up on training your dog.
You may not like this particular training system, but you still need to find a way to get through to your dog and get him to mind. With that being said I would recommend the following:
Secrets To Dog Training. This is another web based course that makes a lot of good points and can help most people when they are dealing with an unruly dog. This site covers material in a similar way to Doggy Dan’s Online Dog Trainer, but there are subtle differences that make it different enough to be an alternative. I won’t get too into it here, but it’s worth looking into.
My Final Thoughts
You know today I can lean back in a chair and look over at my dog and he’ll come curl up on the floor next to me. I’ll reach out and pat him on the head, maybe even rub his tummy a bit, just something to show him some affection. It’s hard to imagine that this is the same dog that a few months ago I seriously thought about choking. Okay maybe not choking, but I did think about finding him a new home. Today things couldn’t be any different. All of his bad behavior? Gone, just like that. Okay so once in a while he’ll act up, but he’s a dog. Dogs mess up, as long as you keep those foul ups to a minimum you should be happy. The important thing here was that I changed the relationship between my dog and I. I established myself as the alpha, and then everything else kind of fell into place.
Dog’s are a lot smarter than we give them credit for, but the way that they think is very different from the way we think. They don’t understand everything that we say, but they do understand more than you might believe. The problem is that while they may understand you, they may not know what you want them to do. That’s because their dogs, and they aren’t going to have the same thought processes that you or I do. That’s why I loved it when Doggy Dan took the time to explain to me the thought process that was guiding my dog and causing much of his bad behavior.
There’s really not much else that I can say. At this point you have to make up your own mind. Are you really okay with your dog trying to drag you when you take him for a walk? What about when he barks or howls all night keeping you awake? Do you love it when he chews up your shoes or poops on your carpet? If you said yes to any of these questions I’d have to say that you are a crazy person. Of course you don’t want your dog to act like this. You want your dog to listen and make you happy and not miserable. So I invite you, no make that implore you to take the time to try Doggy Dan’s Online Dog Trainer. I’m telling you right now that even if you are skeptical you will be blown away at the amazing results that you can get. I never thought my dog would be anything more than a misbehaving source of frustration for me. Thankfully I was wrong, and thanks to Doggy Dan my life is so much less stressful than before.