People take paleo diet to imitate what the hunter-gatherer pre-agricultural ancestors ate. This diet comprises of unprocessed whole foods that are natural. During the old times, some lifestyle diseases such as diabetes, heart disease, and obesity were rare. It is therefore paramount to take the following paleo diets which will come in handy to induce weight loss and improve health.
- Seafood: Sea animals are known to contain substantial amounts of healthy proteins and a couple of beneficial micronutrients. For instance, it is advisable to take several fish types that are rich in balanced quantities of both omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids. When buying fish, make sure to know how they were reared to avoid consuming the ones that have been exposed to toxins. Take the following seafood: catfish, prawns, marlin, cuttlefish, Pollock, oysters, tuna, shark, octopus among many others.
2. Vegetables: Veggies are rich in fiber, minerals, and many other essential vitamins. Ensure that you are taking greens together with other food groups for better results. When it comes to nutrient content, not all vegetables are equal; some of the best include leafy veggies such as mustard greens, spinach, and kales, cruciferous veggies, e.g., broccoli or radish, squashes, tubers, e.g., carrots; sweet peppers, fennel, celery, etc.
3. Paleo-friendly oils: It is advisable to be on the lookout when shopping for cooking oils as many are not recommendable due to their manufacturing raw materials. On the other hand, some plants are known to produce high-quality oils that are rich in nutrients. Some of the best oils to incorporate into your paleo diet include coconut oil, olive oil, walnut oil, avocado oil, flaxseed oil and the macadamia nut oil.
4. Paleo-friendly fats: Some fats are discouraged due to their high content of harmful Low-Density Lipoprotein (LDL) Cholesterol. For this reason, it is wiser avoiding the refined and highly-processed fats and opting for the more natural ones. Use the following paleo replacements for better nutrition which will boost your immunity: rendered animal fats, ghee, lard and even tallow.
5. Fruits: Fruits are known as nature’s sugar by many dieters; it is, therefore, better to take them compared to consuming refined sugar. Fruits come in handy to create the best paleo snacks and desserts. While moderating the intake of high-sugar fruits, take at least three fruits servings per day. You can choose to eat smoothies or these fruits in their unaltered form. The best fruits to incorporate in your paleo diet include berries, e.g., blueberries, raspberries, and strawberries, stone fruits such as apricots and peaches, citrus, e.g., oranges, tangerines and lemons, apples, papayas, watermelon, honeydews and many others.
6. Paleo-friendly meat: Proteins are a vital requirement when taking paleo diets. Meats and seafood were the mostly eaten food type by the ancestors. There are a wide variety of meats to take to increase your protein intake. Be adventurous and try different meat types such as grass-fed wild animal meats. These are the best meats to take: poultry such as turkey, duck, chicken or ostrich, red meats such as beef, buffalo, and lamb, pork, rabbit, alligator, rattlesnake, turtle or even wild boar.
7. Nuts and seeds: It is a good idea replacing the use of grains in pies, cakes and several other baked foods with seeds and nuts. In fact, several nuts and seeds have become increasingly popular in making salad and snack toppings. Certain seeds and nuts contain a high content of undesirable phytic acids and calories which makes it a wise decision to take them mindfully. Do not hesitate to take the following nutritious supplements for better results: walnuts, macadamia, pumpkin seeds, flax seeds, sunflower seeds, hazelnuts, pine nuts, and almonds.
8. Eggs: Consuming eggs regularly will supply you with beneficial proteins, antioxidants, minerals and different types of vitamins. Eggs are easy to prepare; they are also affordable. The best types of eggs to buy are the ‘cage-free’ and the ‘organic’ ones. They have higher omega-3 composition compared to the ones obtained from cage-raised chickens.
Taking the foods mentioned above for your paleo diet will put you in a safer position of not contracting certain sicknesses. In fact, they will make you healthier and stronger. Therefore, ensure that you are taking the foods on a daily basis.
Leave a Reply