If you believe there’s a cosmic connection between numbers, life events, personality, it’s numerology! Belief that numbers can be controlled, have a controlling influence on our lives and can be used to predict our future are what some call a science and others dismiss as unscientific.
What Is Numerology?
Certain numbers seem to resonate frequently in our daily lives, in sacred texts like the Bible and historical records. People learn to recognize and identify the recurrence of certain numbers/number-patterns at significant points in their lives. They may also deduce that certain combinations/numerals have a particular influence over their health, wealth, peace, happiness, careers, romantic relationships etc.
Numerology believes that numbers can be manipulated to control your life, determine your strengths/weaknesses, hidden talents and potential, get rid of negativity in your life, remove obstacles and smoothen the path to your dreams and aspirations.
This belief can be extended into dates of birth, finding compatibility, predicting success in exams/relationships/career/prize-winning etc. Establishing the connection between the alphabet and numbers helps people decide naming babies, companies, etc.
Thousands of years old, this system of beliefs has existed in some form world-wide. Practitioners include those from ancient India, China, Persia and eminent people like Pythagoras, certain Christian theologists, alchemists, astrologers, faith healers and others.
Numerology is not one composite system. It comprises several different systems and use of numbers for different purposes. Based on your needs, beliefs and faith, you can judge whether to use numerology to your personal, professional and relationship-related advantage.
Apart from ordinary folks, certain people like gamblers, casino-players, racing enthusiasts, sportspersons, etc who rely on chance/luck elements may use numerology to predict wins and losses.
One reason why it’s popular is because it’s based on numbers. This gives it an aura of authenticity and scientific legitimacy.
Judge For Yourself
Numbers can be fascinating and interesting. But do they have power over your life? That is something that you need to analyze before you buy into Numerology.
- Calendar: Using the Gregorian calendar can be confusing, because according to the science of Numerology, it is based on an ancient belief that’s thousands of years old. Additionally, there are hundreds of calendars in existence today – sun and moon calendars, Chinese, Mayan, Aztec, Hindu, Islamic, Julian etc. Hence, relying on your birth-date according to a particular calendar seems illogical.
- Number systems: Just like calendars, there are numerous number systems in existence. The 0-9 system was transformed by the discovery of zero. Similarly, there are binary systems, base 8, 10, 16, etc. Hence, relying on the conventional base 10 system may not be completely valid.
- Numerology is closely linked to astrology, feng shui, vastu etc: Unless you firmly believe in these too, it may not be feasible to completely accept numerology concepts. In fact, Numerologists are required to have a deep understanding of astrology. Without a person’s horoscope, it is not possible to use numerological concepts.
- No Logical Explanation: Numerologists cannot conclusively explain how numbers impact our lives. They demonstrate patterns, coincidences and occurrences but there is no final answer to the question, “How?”
- Experiments have failed to prove beliefs: Anecdotal evidence is the primary one in concepts like Numerology. Experiments conducted in the UK in 1993 and in Israel in 2012 failed to produce any positive results. These were repeated more than once, with negative outcomes.
- Numerology claims: Practitioners claim that the numbers are not mathematical numbers but astronomical numbers which give the meaning of planetary vibrations. They also claim that numerology can be used to alter your destiny and karma by changing aspects of your name or other important numbers.
- Changing your name: Numerology claims that changing vital aspects of your name like spelling can influence planetary vibrations. Adding or reducing vowels is a common numerological recommendation for success.
- Lucky numbers: There are certain universally lucky and unlucky numbers and others that are based on your individual profile.
- “Real” vs “Fake” numerology: Some numerologists claim to be “real” while dismissing others as “fake.” They claim to have more knowledge, expertise and experience.
- Helps you gain control: When the world is moving so fast, we often feel out of control. Numerology, astrology and other such belief systems help us to gain a semblance of being in charge.
We’re all free to choose what we believe in and use whatever works for us. When we select a belief system like Numerology, it’s wise to do some research, look at it objectively and analyze the system thoroughly before buying in.
==> How Results from Numerology Can Help you Make Changes in Life
==> Can A Number Determine Your Fate?
==> Can a Star Tell My Future?
==> Based on your month of birth, these are the things you need to keep at home
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure for more info. I do get a small referral if you buy via my links – that´s why all informations are free for you on my website.