It is very annoying to type a long message to your loved one only for the battery to die just before you hit the send button. What could be more heartbreaking, is realizing that your battery won’t charge through the normal charging process.
Below are some methods that will help you to jump start a dead battery without having to replace it.
Wipe and clean your phone
When you use your phone for a long time, the lithium battery metallic surface together with the contacts suffers from oxidation. This leads to a shortened battery life. Also, its effectiveness decreases. It is therefore very important to regularly clean any residue that might have built up so as to make sure the battery always have a clean contact with your phone.
You can easily accomplish this by wiping clean the metal parts of your battery and also your phone with a suitable cloth. In this way, you will improve your battery efficiency and use duration.
Bringing a dead battery back to life
Lithium makes batteries work using the charge-discharge process where both positive and negative electric charges collide. In room temperature, the kinetic energy is usually somewhat big, but as the battery is upholding an active state, rapid electric leakage can take place. However, in cold temperatures, the battery’s microstructure and interface become significantly changed making it stay at an inactive state thus minimizing electric leakage. This will, in turn, increase the battery’s life span. This is how you to go about it
1. Put your battery in an air tight plastic bag or if you don’t have any, wrap it with a newspaper then twice with a plastic film to protect it from getting wet.
2. Leave it in a freezer for 72 hours.
3. Remove your battery from the wrapping and leave it at a cool place away from any direct sunlight for at least 48 hours.
4. Put it back in your phone and without turning it on; plug it with an appropriate charger. Allow it to charge for the next 48 hours.
After 48 hours have elapsed, switch on your phone and check the battery percentage. If you have succeeded, your dead battery will be revived and working again.
Try to jumpstart the battery
This method is both effective for a battery that has exceeded its life span or one that has overstayed without charging and thus lost its ability to hold any charge. For this, you will need your battery, electrical tape; length split wire and a 9V battery.
1. Connect the positive and negative terminals of the 9V battery to the corresponding side of the wire to each terminal. Always cover your connections with an electric tape for safety.
2. Do connect the wire to your battery’s terminals and use a tape to secure them. Never connect a negative terminal to a positive terminal.
3. Let the batteries stay connected for not more than 60 seconds or just until your phone battery gets warm. Monitor the phone battery temperature closely.
4. Immediately the battery becomes warm, disconnect them. NEVER charge the phone battery fully in this manner. Return the battery back to your phone and resume the normal charging up to full capacity.
A bulb might help
• First, do a full discharging of your battery to prepare it a deeper recharging.
• Get two wires and connect them to your positive and negative battery terminals.
• Proceed to connect your phone to a 1.5 V bulb.
All residual power in the battery will get transferred to the bulb and the bulb will continue to dim until it cannot emit any light. Although this method is not the best, it still works.
Use a USB and Charger
You need a USB cable, a charger or laptop, and your battery. Follow the below steps to restore your dead battery
1. Cut the USB cable end that goes into the phone’s charging port
2. Skin the red and black wires
3. Twist the exposed wires
4. Plug the USB cable into a charger
5. Place the black wire which symbolizes the negative terminal to the corresponding battery terminal
6. Connect the red wire which is the positive one terminal to the battery’s positive terminal.
7. Hold them manually in place for a few minutes.
8. Return the battery to your phone.
9. Plug your phone into the charger.
Your phone should start charging but if that doesn’t happen, repeat step 7 and hold longer this time.
The best way to save your battery is by taking proper care of it. Whenever your phone gives you a low battery warning, make a point of charging it immediately. Never leave your phone charging overnight since unstable charging voltage can have a negative impact on your battery.
==> 12 Safety Concerns In Battery Recycling
==> Tricks For Saving Battery On Your Smartphone
==> 5 Steps To Safeguard Your Gear From EMP
==> How to Restore iPhone Dead Batteries
==> How-To Revive Old Car Batteries
==> Surviving Without Electricity: Here is What You Need to Do
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure for more info. I do get a small referral if you buy via my links – that´s why all informations are free for you on my website.