Hi there. It’s Frank here. 🙂 Thanks for stopping by. If there is one thing we can’t do without, then it is a flashlight. Flashlights are so crucial whether at home or camping where you don’t have electricity. The best flashlights must be reliable and durable to withstand any falls. Remember you will be carrying them in your hands most of the time while trying to accomplish other tasks.
You also have to decide between rechargeable flashlights and those that you have to buy batteries. If you need a flashlight for self-defense, then I think it is best you go for solar powered or crank powered flashlights. The amount of light the flashlights deliver is another great consideration. Is the flashlight for hunting or just basic light at the camp? Hunting flashlights must have a long beam distance as opposed to others. However, if your need for light is just to accomplish chores within a specific area, then you need more lumens that shine a small area.
In our review, we are going to look at different flashlights that can serve you in different situations. These are the best flashlight under different categories and come highly recommended.
Take a look through our picks and choose a flashlight that best suits your needs.
First, the MECO flashlight is not your usual flashlight for everyday use. This is an emergency flashlight that you need to pack in your survival kit or together with your camping gears. It is a small hand cranking solar-powered flashlight that comes with a rechargeable built-in battery to store energy for long periods. You don’t require any external batteries when using this flashlight. This is a relief to individuals always misplace batteries and have to ransack the entire kit at night in search of batteries. However, that is not the main selling feature of this flashlight.
The MECO has high conversion efficiency with just six minutes of cranking giving you a full hour of light. You will never worry about the battery dying on you when spending days in the wild. The design of the battery is a durable one with high a green army classic design to match with nature. It is also pretty small in size and weighs a mere 86 grams to fit anywhere in your backpack. This flashlight further has 18-months hassle free warranty, and 40-day money back guarantee if you’re not satisfied with it. Considering it is relatively cheap and well backed by a guarantee and warranty, you have nothing to lose buying this flashlight.
- Built-in rechargeable battery
- High conversion efficiency
- Durable design
- Classic with army green color
- Lightweight and compact weighing only 86 grams
- 40-day money back guarantee
- 18 months hassle free warranty
The pros and cons
- It is compact and lightweight to use anywhere you go
- You will not be buying new batteries after a short period of use. The flashlight is rechargeable by solar power or cranking
- A quick to use carabiner clip design
- Simple cranking for an hour gives you six hours of light
- Ideal for camping where there is no power
- Bright LED light
- Tolerates bad weather
- Light output is fairly low
- It is hard to keep cranking for long
Overall, this is a sturdy and well-built flashlight ideal for emergencies. It is small, compact and lightweight to be easily clipped to your backpack so that you can have it at all the time. I think the main selling features for this flashlight is the high conversion efficiency and the fact that you can recharge it using solar power and through cranking. These features make it an ideal choice for any outdoor event where you will require light. It is also affordable and highly rated.
The Tactical Portable LED is one of the brightest flashlights of its size with 1000 lumens maximum output. This makes the flashlight 20% times brighter than most of its competitors when in the brightest mode. There are a total of five modes to suit your different needs for light. These modes are full bright, medium, low, fast strobe and SOS. It is a high-end flashlight made of an optimized aluminum alloy to withstand any falls. It is tough and reliable and can be used in emergency cases to perform other tasks. Use it to break glasses with ease.
With a water-resistant of ipx6, this flashlight works perfectly in rainy conditions without damage. It is an intense spotlight that can light distance of 600 feet on the brightest mode. It comes to you packed in a black case and a 60-day satisfaction guarantee. There is also a versatile carabiner bonus that can be used to attach it to your backpack for daily use.
- Tough and reliable
- Five lighting modes
- Brightest torch with a maximum 1000 lumens
- Powered by a 1pc 18650 battery
- Versatile carabiner bonus
- Premium black case to act as a perfect gift
- It is an excellent quality flashlight with the brightest LED light
- Durable and reliable
- Different bright modes to suit different situations
- Lightweight and easy to carry or store
- Great aluminum construction to avoid scratches
- Easy to zoom in and out
- Comes in a black gift case
- It uses common batteries that can just be bought anywhere
- A little bit heavy considering its size
- Does not come with batteries
Your search for a small, portable, compact and lightweight emergency flashlight should end with the Tactical Portable LED Flashlight 1000 Lumens with 5 Modes. It is a great choice with a powerful beam and an ideal choice to have with you in the survival kit, car or just at home. It is easy to use and doesn’t feel flimsy. The size is perfect to fit almost anywhere and allow you to be with the flashlight everywhere you go. You can zoom in or out depending on the range you want to cover.
This coupled with the satisfaction guarantee; you can be sure of getting good value for your money. Go ahead and check it out on Amazon right away.
The PeakPlus is another versatile choice for an emergency flashlight made of both plastic and metal to survive the harsh outdoor elements. It is a battery powered flashlight running on the 18650 lithium-ion battery or just the 3AAA batteries. The lithium battery is rechargeable taking away the need to buy new batteries now and again. The construction of the torch is heavy duty making it waterproof, skid proof, anti-abrasive and compact. This is the best tactical flashlight for outdoor activities like hiking, camping, fishing, and hunting and everyday use at home.
It is versatile with five lighting modes of full brightness, medium brightness, low brightness, strobe, and SOS. The focus of the flashlight can easily be adjusted for long or close range. On the long range, the flashlight can reach 600 feet long. On the small focus, the flashlight illuminates a wide area giving light to the entire camp. It is a further backed by 100% satisfaction guarantee just in case you’re not happy.
- Heavily built to withstand harsh weather elements. The flashlight is non-skid, waterproof and anti-abrasive.
- It has high power brightness making it a lot brighter than most ordinary flashlights
- It is compact and lightweight
- Uses both the rechargeable lithium batteries and 3AAA batteries
- There are five modes of light and zoom in and out capabilities
- Adjustable focus for long and short ranges
- A maximum range of 600 feet
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
The pros and cons
- It is a powerful LED flashlight
- Adjustable range focus giving you the desired range
- Five different brightness modes to save the battery and suit your light needs
- A great range of 600 feet
- Heavily built to withstand falls
- Waterproof, anti-abrasive and non-skid
- Compact and lightweight
- Not so unique from other flashlights
- The charger is big as the flashlight
It is an amazing choice for a flashlight and one that you can always carry with you when traveling. It is compact and lightweight and can easily be stored or transported. The fact that it is pocket size and can deliver a maximum brightness of 1000 lumens makes sit a great buy. Review online rate it highly so you can purchase with confidence knowing you’re getting good value for your money. You can change the brightness depending on the light required and save on battery. Overall, this is one of the best tactical flashlights on the market to consider buying.
4. Cynergy Lifelight All-in-One Waterproof Emergency Crank Flashlight complete with Wind Up Rechargeable LED lights
The Cynergy Lifelight is more than just a flashlight with several other uses during an emergency. It does not require electricity or batteries. The Cynergy comes with built-in lithium batteries that are recharged by cranking. This simply means you will never be in the dark even on the coldest days in the wild. This is a lifesaving flashlight with several other uses like cutting seatbelts or breaking car windows during an accident. That simply means you have to have it in your car next to your seat at all times. It has a USB port that can be used to charge phones. Other great features include a red light flasher that can help the search team find you with ease when lost in the wild. A further built-in compass direction can help you find your way in the wild.
This is a perfect choice for all preppers that want to feel safer wherever they go. It is one such torch that should not miss in your car, backpack, and survival kit or even at home. Carry it with you everywhere you go, and it can turn out to be a lifesaver. With 100% satisfaction guarantee, you have no excuse to try it.
- It is sturdy, safe and made of high-quality materials
- Rechargeable by hand cranking
- Built compass and red light flasher
- USB port to charge phones and other devices
- Durable and can be used to cut seatbelts or break car window glasses
- White LED lights for a bright light
- Compact and great for disasters
The pros and cons
- It is highly portable and easy to carry with you everywhere you go
- Sturdy and durably made
- Easy to use
- Easily recharges by hand cranking
- Versatile and can be used to cut seatbelts, break car windows or find directions
- The cap over the window of this torch is quite to break off during emergencies
- The seat cut razor is not replaceable
The Cynergy Lifelight All-in-One Waterproof Emergency Crank Flashlight complete with Wind Up Rechargeable LED lights is a good choice for an emergency flashlight requiring just a few turns to be ready for use. It is compact and lightweight. You can carry it anywhere you go without any problems. This flashlight is durable and versatile used to break car window glasses or cut seatbelts. It is packed with several other features like a compass direction and a red light flasher which enable you to be easily tracked when lost.
5. Streamlight 88033 ProTac 2AA 250 Lumen Professional Tactical Flashlight with High/Low/Strobe w/ 2 x AA Batteries
The Streamlight is probably the best tactical flashlight on the market and our list if we are to go by reviews and ratings online. This is a highly rated flashlight and one of the best-sellers online and rightfully with features that make it the perfect tactical torch. It is quite easy to handle and use. The torch is durable and made of some of the best quality materials. There are an anti-roll face cap and removable pocket clip that make handling and usage a lot easier.
This versatile flashlight can easily charge a single battery or two at the same time and remains impervious to shock with a 50, 000 hour lifetime. The charge status can be seen in the individuals Bay LEDs. It is a dual input torch that accepts the AC or 12V DC power sources. Overall, this is a multifunctional flashlight that remains waterproof to depths of 1 meter for 30 minutes. Light intensity can easily be varied depending on use from high, low and strobe. You will not experience any challenges using this flashlight as it requires a one-hand operation.
- Dual power input from either AC or 12V DC
- One-hand operation
- Removable pocket clip
- Anti-roll face cap
- Capable or charging one or two batteries at the same time
- IPX7 waterproof
- Impervious to shock with a 50, 000 hour lifetime
- Push-button tactical tail switch
- Serialized for identification
- Powerful LED technology
The pros and cons
- One of the easiest flashlights to use and handle. It is a one-hand operation flashlight
- Waterproof to depths of 1 meter for up to 30 minutes
- Dual input charging from AC and 12V DC
- Lightweight and easy to carry
- Varying light intensity to suit different situations
- Built to last
- Not the best spot range
- Requires some more texture
The Streamlight 88033 ProTac 2AA 250 Lumen Professional Tactical Flashlight is a good choice when looking for a compact tactical flashlight that is easy to handle and use. This is a one-handed operation torch that you will like from the word go. It is waterproof and varies the light intensity to suit every situation. The construction is rugged and built to last so go ahead and buy it with confidence.
The Final Verdict
Buying a tactical flashlight is more of a must and not a choice as they are lifesavers in various situations. You never know when you will be stuck out in the wild without any means of light. The five reviewed tactical flashlights above are the best on the market currently and best suited for your personal needs. They have been tested and found be quite effective. You can decide on one that best matches your needs and order with confidence.
Best Self-Help Guides:
>>> A Review for the Best Solar and Battery Powered Emergency Radios
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure for more info. I do get a small referral if you buy via my links – that´s why all informations are free for you on my website.