Hi there, my name is Betty, and today I want to share how blogging changed my life. You’ve probably had the idea of starting a WordPress blog but never really started. I never knew how easy it was for me to start a WordPress that completely changed my life. I now earn thousands of dollars a month from doing something that I love.
One of the best things I have learned in life is that you can only grow by empowering others and that is exactly why I have taken my time to write this long post. I want to show you exactly how to start a WordPress blog on Bluehost for a few dollars a month. You can start a blog on virtually anything you love doing. That is the best thing about blogging; you make money doing what you enjoy doing best. I have opened many blogs with Bluehost, and you too can open one for cheap by using my link here.
You can click here to open a WordPress blog and then follow the tutorials below to get started easily. I have compiled for you everything you need to get started.
Personally, Bluehost is the best web host, and I have had some amazing experience using it. It has been a few exciting years for me where I have managed to make thousands of dollars a month through my blogs. Once you have the blog set up, there are several blogging related services you can run and earn even more. My income has been steadily on the rise, and I expect to grow even further in 2018. Sometimes it was never easy but trust me with hard work and determination; you too will be smiling all the way to the bank soon!
Blogging is probably the best thing that happened to me and can happen to you too. It is a flexible job that you enjoy doing from the comfort of your home and setting your own schedules. I don’t answer to anybody but only to my goals. I travel when I want and take a break when I want. It has been a few years, and I still can’t imagine how my life has changed for the better.
The good news is that you will be able to recover the money paid for blog hosting once your site picks up. Let nobody tell you can’t make it, and anybody can start a WordPress blog and make money with it as long they are committed.
Why choose Bluehost?
Bluehost is the leading web hosting companies on the market currently, and anyone can start a blog for as little as $3.95 per month through my link. Since I have used Bluehost for long, I can speak about it with confidence and recommend to any person looking for the best web hosting company. In fact, it is cheaper when you buy yearly as compared to monthly. There is even a much better deal when you sign up for the 36 months package. Usually, the monthly rates go down when you sign up for more months.
One of the biggest mistakes people make is trying to start on the cheaper on Blogger/Blogspot as they try to learn how to make a blog. Well, trust me; setting up a WordPress blog on Bluehost is the way to go.
You can start a blog with the intention of connecting with your fans, workers or just sharing ideas. However, if you ever intend to monetize it, then it makes sense paying for hosting services. We’ve already shown you why Bluehost of the best web hosting company. It also extremely cheap and offers you a free DOMAIN. Any blog run on Bluehost can run affiliate links and direct advertisement. That is reason enough to choose Bluehost. Big companies tend to consider Blogger sites as something personal and unprofessional and will not advertise there.
My past incomes turned on the moment I made the switch to self-hosting on WordPress. There are so many reasons to pay for blog hosting. Read more about the benefits of blog hosting here.
I choose Bluehost for my WordPress solely because they are the best at hosting services. Here are some of the main reasons Bluehost is the best web hosting provider currently;
- It quite easy to use and just anybody can create a WordPress blog using my tutorials. Bluehost itself makes it quite easy even for beginners to start their WordPress blog.
- They offer technical support
- Bluehost is quite affordable and offers its users flexible packages. You can have your blog hosted for as little as $3.95 a month.
- WordPress offered through Bluehost is Free
- A FREE Domain is offered
- There is a satisfaction guarantee just in case the experience is not what you expected. However, that is unlikely since I have used it myself. In case of any issues, you can send support an email or even email me, and I help you out.
- For those who want to monetize their sites, self-hosting is the way to go, and Bluehost offers you just that.
- Being on Bluehost makes you appear professional to companies, readers, and advertisers
Well, all these benefits are only available on Bluehost. I know there are many web hosting companies out there, but Bluehost stands out to be the best. This is why most bloggers have chosen Bluehost for all their hosting needs.
Do you have any interest to learn how to start a WordPress blog? Sign up on Bluehost today and be on your way to doing what you love most. I’m always available to help you where you get stuck. Don’t be afraid to get in touch with me.
Steps to start a WordPress on Bluehost
1. Register you’re your domain name
The very first step in creating a WordPress Blog on Bluehost is registering the domain. Click here and register your domain name before following the simple steps below.
Think of what domain name best suits your blog. You need to give serious thought to this and choose a name that matches well with what you plan to talk about on your WordPress Blog.
You can also get your domain name directly through Bluehost which is quite easy. This also gives you a free DOMAIN for the first year as long you choose the 12 months package which is cheaper in the long run. Overall, the 36 months package is the best when looking for a better deal.
2. Buy the hosting for your blog
This is where you pay for the hosting services. Remember these are money you will easily recover once your site picks up. So, what is the best plan for your site?
- Choose the basic plan which is quite cheap costing a mere $3.95 a month via my link. This plan is only available if you pay for 36 months. When you pay for 24 months, the monthly cost goes higher to $4.95. The price for 12 months is at $5.45 a month which is still great considering you’re still getting a free Domain name. This is just 65 dollars a year plus a free domain name. However, from the calculations above, the best price would be purchasing the 36 months plan.
- You’re probably wondering why I have not recommended the plus or prime packages at this stage. They are far much better but cost a lot more, and you don’t need them at this stage. You can always upgrade to a higher plan as your site grows. Don’t pay for the expensive plans at this stage as you don’t need it at this stage of building your site.
- You also need to pay for the Domain Privacy Protection to keep your content safe. This will cost you $0.99 which is also quite affordable.
- Well, there are other items that Bluehost sells, but as of now, this is all you need to buy.
I want to you get the best experience and the best deal with Bluehost by making a wise choice here. There are those that might want to try paying monthly as they see how the blogging experience goes. TRUST ME you don’t want to try that. I highly recommend signing for at least 12 months which is lower in price and gives you a free domain name.
There are many negatives to billing monthly as compared to yearly. You don’t want to run the risk of your site going down just because your card expired and your hosting fees were not renewed. This would mean a massive loss of your business as traffic lost during that period will be hard to regain. It is also quite expensive in the long run. The more years you pay, the less expensive it is on a monthly basis.
Do your math here, Blog hosting on a yearly basis will cost you $65 which is very affordable. You get to forget any expense for the entire year! When you pay for three years, the cost gets to $142. Imagine forgetting any hosting fee for three years just by paying $142! I know that sounds awesome. This is the best package for you and one that I will always recommend to anyone looking for the best web hosting services. This, in fact, is the main reason Bluehost ranks as the best web hosting company right now. You can be sure that all your hosting needs will be catered for professionally for many years at a small fee.
Are you ready to host your blog now? Here are the simple steps you need to follow to buy hosting for your blog from Bluehost:
- Visit Bluehost and click on the ‘Get Started Now’ button.
- Choose a package that interests you. We’ve talked a lot on this, and by now you know which one if the best deal for you.
- Next, you need to enter your domain name. Remember this was the first step in creating a WordPress Blog. If you don’t have a domain name, you can always register a new domain name at this stage.
- You need to enter payment and personal information here. This will help renew your billing automatically and avoid your site from going down. Billing will be done depending on the package selected. That is after a month, 12 months, 24 months or 36 months.
- Choose a secure password. Make sure the password selected is a secure one as you don’t want any person gaining access to your information.
3. Connecting your domain and your hosting
This step is not necessary if you’ve bought your domain directly through your Bluehost account. However, if you had bought a domain from somewhere else like GoDaddy, then you will have to connect it to Bluehost. This should be an easy process for you as GoDaddy support page has settings for name serves to your domain name. Here is some snippet from GoDaddy full page support;
“When you register a domain name with us, we set it up on our parked nameservers, so a temporary page displays when visitors go to your website. After you determine which hosting provider to use, you can change your domain name’s nameservers to remove the parked page and activate your domain name.
If you registered your domain name with another provider, you can still purchase a hosting account with us, use our Off-site DNS services, or use our CashParking® or Quick Content services. If you do any of those, you must view your nameservers in your account with us, and then set the nameservers with your domain name registrar.”
4. Modifying your DNS Nameservers when using GoDaddy Domain and Bluehost for hosting
It is quite simple to modify your DNS Nameservers if your domain is on GoDaddy while the hosting company is Bluehost. Here are the steps to follow and make the changes;
- Log to GoDaddy Account Manager
- From the drop-down menu, choose Manage Domains/Manage Your Account list
- Select the domain you want to modify the checkboxes
- Select the name serves
- Enter the updated name server in the space provided. This usually heads on the right under the blue Name Serves.
- Save the changes at the bottom
- Your entries should change to Bluehost
When you arrive at this stage, you can now easily add the domain name you bought from GoDaddy or other service providers. This is pretty simple and can be done once logged into Bluehost and clicking on assign. The steps to follow are quite easy for anyone to make the changes.
5. Installing WordPress on Bluehost
Well, this is the last step and an important one that I know most of you have been waiting for. This is a must-read for any person looking to start a WordPress Blog on Bluehost. It is very simple since Bluehost makes every step easy to understand and do on your own. You don’t need any professional help.
- Once you sign up for Bluehost and create a password, Bluehost will then guide you through every step you need to know to create that amazing WordPress Blog absolutely for free.
- The first thing Bluehost does is ask you to choose a theme. You can do this randomly or choose a theme you like. There is no big deal here as you can always change this later. There are many free themes to choose here.
- The next step is building your blog. Do this by clicking on ‘start building.’
- Choose whether it is a business blog or a personal site. This is up to you depending on the blog site you want
- You can either get help or if you’ve done this before click on the ‘I don’t need help.’
Well, that is all for those looking to have a WordPress blog on Bluehost. Once the site is ready and running, you can now start on the design and creation of quality content. Remember content is what will bring you traffic. As always, you face any difficulties, email me, and I will be more than glad to help you.
General tips on navigating a WordPress Blog
- Once logged in, click on posts on the left-hand side to create or add new posts
- Click on the media on the left-hand side when you need to add images
- Add items to your footer and sidebar by going to appearance and then the widget
I hope that this helps start your journey towards a successful blogging experience. Whether you plan to do it for fun or for making money, using the best hosting service is highly recommended. You can never go wrong when using Bluehost. Try it today, and you won’t regret it.
If you have any queries or need help, shoot me a message, and I will be more than willing to help you out. It is my strong belief that we grow as humans by helping others out.
Best Blogging Guides:
>>> Starting A WordPress Blog on Bluehost – Everything You Need To Know
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure for more info. I do get a small referral if you buy via my links – that´s why all informations are free for you on my website.
photo credit: vinayaketx Quick 25 Ways to Improve Your Blog Reputation Fast | Beginners Guide via photopin (license)