An EMP, which is short of electromagnetic pulse, is a momentary discharge of electromagnetic energy which is very DAMAGING for electronics.
WHAT IS AN EMP ATTACK?
An EMP accompanies any type of nuclear explosion, which can amplify the destructive potential of an atomic bomb by causing damage to electronics that are OUTSIDE of the bomb’s blast radius.
What many people don’t realize today is that improving technology has now made it possible to create an EMP WITHOUT a nuclear explosion.
In fact many of the devices that are capable of creating an EMP are so easy to make that most kids in junior high school could follow instructions and build one.
The fact that creating an EMP weapon is so EASY should be ringing major alarm bells and causing our government to react. But thus far very little has been done to protect our aging power grid, which means that the possibility of an EMP Attack is still very real.
==> Click Here: How to Survive An EMP Attack
While getting the government motivated so that they will actually take action is a bit of a fool’s errand, you can start taking steps to PROTECT yourself today. As with preparing for any other type of major disaster it’s always better to be ready for a potential disaster than it is to have on happen and find that you are totally unprepared.
By taking the time to start stockpiling supplies now you can be ready in case an EMP WEAPON is ever used that disables our electronic capabilities.
The following is a list of essential supplies that you should have on hand in case an EMP weapon is used on our country:
1. Faraday Cage. A Faraday Cage is a grounded metal container that you can use to store electronics in to protect them from the effects of an EMP. There are many types of Faraday Cages that you can buy, and a lot of them are fairly inexpensive. If you don’t want to buy one you can always look online for instructions and make one yourself. By storing emergency electronic equipment in a Faraday Cage you can protect it from the effects of an EMP weapon, which can mean the difference between life and death for you and your family. You can check my reviews for the best five Faraday cages. There is no need to stockpile electronics that will be rendered useless in case of an EMP attack.
2. Battery powered radio. A battery powered radio, stored in your Faraday Cage, can give you a way to hear news reports and other vital information from anyone that has retained their technological capabilities following an EMP attack. Most preppers like you likely have battery powered radios and will be on the look out for people like you. Keeping in touch with what’s happening will increase your chances of survival. Click here for the best five battery powered radio reviews.
3. Flashlights and extra batteries. Following an EMP attack you won’t be able to turn on the lights when it gets dark, so you will need an emergency light source. Flashlights, stored in your Faraday Cage, can give you the ability to work or travel at night when the lights are out. In our review of the best flashlights, you will find some very amazing picks that can serve you in any situation during an EMP attack. Light is so crucial during a EMP attack so it makes sense to have flashlights and batteries stored.
4. Cell Phone. A Cell phone, stored in your Faraday Cage, is your lifeline to the rest of the world. Will there be any cell service in your area following an EMP attack? Maybe, maybe not. But if there is cell service then an emergency cell phone can help you to get into contact with the rest of the world.
5. Non perishable foods. In the event that an EMP attack is launched against us the power grid would likely be badly damaged, which would mean no refrigeration. Without refrigeration any perishable foods you have on hand would spoil quite quickly. This is why having a good amount of non perishable foods stored is essential. Canned goods, dry goods, and dehydrated meats, and fruits can help you to keep your family fed while you figure out what to do next. The best non perishable foods must be easy to prepare as you will not have the luxuries of electricity to cook. You can also take a look at our review of the best emergency/survival foods. Getting a food that tastes great and has all the essential nutrients is essential to your survival.
6. Water. While an EMP won’t knock out your water, it’s always a good idea to have plenty of drinking water stored in case of an emergency. Maybe the water source that supplies your tap water gets contaminated. Or maybe something breaks the water line. In either case you are going to need water. Having water purification tablets, or even better a lifestraw to filter any water you find is also a great idea. You need the best water storage container to store enough water for the entire family.
7. Fire making supplies. After an EMP attack you will have to rely upon fire much like our ancestors did for many of your basic needs. Fire can provide you with warmth, light, and the ability to cook food and process water. Since you are probably not adept at making primitive fire you need to make sure that you have several different methods of starting a fire stored in your home. A lighter and matches are great resources, and you should have them, but they are finite resources. Once they run out of fuel, or you use up your matches, you could be in serious trouble. That’s why having a striker and knife is essential. A striker will make a spark even if it gets wet or it’s really cold. It also will last you for years, so in a situation where you won’t have power for long period of time a striker is a very valuable resource.
8. Weapons. Assuming that there is an EMP attack there are a lot of potential threats that could follow it. Those threats could be an invading armed force coming in to occupy us, or it could be from people that are desperate and are out looting for supplies. In either case having several guns, plenty of ammunition, knives, and other types of hand weapons are essential. In an emergency situation violence quickly becomes commonplace and you will need weapons to ensure the safety of your family.
Most people probably assume that an EMP ATTACK is unlikely, and that anything that would disrupt our modern way of life is unlikely. These people are likely going to be the first to die when something bad does happen because they didn’t prepare ahead of time.
Don’t make the mistake of assuming that the world will keep on turning as it always has. There are a lot of threats out there, and a EMP attack is one of the big ones.
Share with us in the comments below!
Follow us in Facebook
==> 8 Emergency Essentials for Surviving A Blackout Of At Least 72 Hours
==> Surviving Without Electricity: Here is What You Need to Do
==> Claude Davis Unique Prepping System
==> Is Aquaponics The Answer To The Global Food Crisis?
==> 20 Foods to Hoard before a Crisis
==> Survival Tips: How to Prepare for a Disaster
==> How to Cleverly Secure Your Home against Intruders
==> How To Make Fire Like Our Ancestors 150 Years Ago
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure for more info. I do get a small referral if you buy via my links – that´s why all informations are free for you on my website.