Floods, earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, and fire – these are just some of the most common disasters that we often hear all over the news.
Consider yourself lucky if you have not experienced any of this before. But, this should not be an excuse for you to be lenient. Rather, this should make you cautious and conscious about how to be prepared.
In order to survive in such situations, it is important to be armed with the right knowledge. Preparedness will be your greatest weapon for survival.
With this, keep on reading and learn some basic survival tips, which will surely be helpful in more ways than one.
Here are the Survival Tips You Need to Know
When disaster strikes, or even before the unfortunate happens, these are some of the things that can help save your life:
• Assume the worst. It will happen. You should know that survival is all about psychology. It is a state of mind. Your mental and emotional preparedness can be your saviour. With this, always think of the worst. This is not being a pessimist, but just a way of being prepared.
• Have an emergency kit at home. This is a very basic tip; yet, the harsh reality is that there are still many homes that do not have such. First aid supplies should be amongst the content of your kit. You should have medications for basic health issues. Having water and food will also be required. It is important to have it placed in an area that is easy to access in case emergency happens. An emergency kit should also be present inside your car.
• Store food at home. Make sure that you have canned goods, biscuits, and foods that do not easily perish. Have them stashed in the cabinet or in a loot bag. When a disaster happens and when you cannot get out of home to buy food, you will surely be thankful that you have your own supply.
• Know how to stay calm. Regardless of the situation, in order to increase the chances of survival. Do not panic. If you are at home, ask everyone to stay calm. This will provide you with the opportunity to clearly plan what to do next. If you are anxious, you will most probably be unable to act accordingly.
• Practice. This will be helpful to prepare for your survival. Participate in earthquake drills. For families, it is important to orient kids with the right knowledge on what they can do when a disaster strikes. Tell them what to do and show them how it is done, such as the proper way to act when there is an earthquake.
==> Claude Davis Unique Prepping System
==> How To Make Fire Like Our Ancestors 150 Years Ago
==> How to Prepare for Worldwide Crises
==> How to Prepare Your Family for Total Power Grid Failure
==> 10 Things You Will Need To Survive When the Economy Collapses
==> 8 Emergency Essentials for Surviving A Blackout Of At Least 72 Hours
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure for more info. I do get a small referral if you buy via my links – that´s why all informations are free for you on my website.