Hi there, it’s Frank here with the best first aid kit brands review. 🙂 Thanks a lot for stopping to check my top five best first aid kit brands. Read on and choose a kit that best suits your needs and give you good value for money.
First aid kits are essential items to carry with you everywhere you go especially when on a survival mission. The kits come in handy when there are injuries and can help save a life.
First aid kits are a MUST have for all people. However, when buying one, you have to choose carefully as the market is flooded with different brands and models of kits.
It is important to choose a kit that is lightweight, portable, affordable and with most of the essential first aid items.
This article aims to help you choose the best brands in the market currently that are highly rated, well-priced and with amazing features.
I have selected five of the best in the market currently and reviewed each to make your purchase decision easier.
Read on and choose one that best suits your needs…
First Aid Only all-purpose first aid kit is a comprehensive first aid package for use at home, on the move and out there in the wilds.
It comes with 299 physician recommended supplies to take care of most of the emergencies and injuries that might take place when you are not near a doctor. First Aid Only Company sells the product.
Here are items that you find in the package:
Some of the medications in the kit include aspirin tablets, strong non-aspirin tablets, ibuprofen tablets, first aid cream packs, antibiotic ointment packs, burn relief pack, antibiotic ointment pack, and instant relief packs among others.
2. Dressings and bandages
There are a number of bandages and other dressing fabrics in the first aid kit that includes adhesive plastic bandages, fabric bandages, knuckle fabric bandages, elbow and knee fabric badges, plastic roll bandages, gauze dressing pads, sterile eye pads, trauma pads, fingertip fabric bandages and gauze dressing pads among others. With these dressings, you can take care of any injury or wound before you reach the hospital.
3. Supplies and tools
If you do not know how to use any of the items, a first aid guide is well illustrated to help you save the situation. There are also finger splinters, first aid tape roll, moleskin squares, thermometer ( for one-time use), emergency blanket, nickel plated scissors, instant cold compress, vinyl gloves and tweezers. They make dressing wounds or giving treatments fast and very effective.
4. More room for additional items
If you would like to have additional small items in your package for other problems such as Orajel for gum relief, Dayquil for colds and allergies or anti-diarrheal, there is enough space to put the items. This makes the package more comprehensive and ideal for some personal problems.
The Pros & Cons Of The First Aid Only All-Purpose First Aid Kit
- Durable – The first aid kit package is made entirely of the vinyl interior. The outer bag is made of a soft but tough material that is resistant to water and other weather elements.
- Compact – The item has its items well arranged in compartments, which saves on space occupied by each piece. As a result, the package is small but carries all the essential first aid items. It can fit in your well in your backpack, the glove compartment in your car or your boat.
- Comprehensive package – First Aid Only kit is a comprehensive collection of all the essential items that you may require to deal with emergencies out there and at home.
- Latex Band-Aids – There is a significant population with problems with latex. If you have latex allergies, the kit may not be good for you.
- Small Band-Aids – Some Band-Aids are too small to deal with larger uses. This makes them ineffective when it comes to pretty big wounds and injuries.
Who is best suited for this kit?
This kit can be used both at home and out there. It has a little of indoor and outdoor solutions to injuries and emergencies. It deals with injuries, falls, eye problems, and so forth.
Be Smart Get Prepared first aid kit is a first aid kit meant for a medium to large family. It comes with 250 pieces and guidelines for 50 people. It is also ideal for small and medium companies.
The kit comes in a rugged plastic box for enhanced safety of the contents. Be Smart Get Prepared sell this product among other first aid kits.
The Pros & Cons Of The Be Smart Get Prepared First Aid Kit
- Inclusion of all the major products that you would need for first aid – The kit is well-stocked for a variety of accident situation and treating injuries in various parts of the body. It has everything from eyewash to, finger splints, alcohol prep pads, cold packs, sting relief pads, antacid tablets, aspirin, and non-aspirin pads among others.
- Well-organized – Items are well organized in the box. It makes it easy to locate the item that you are looking for with much ease. In addition, the kit comes with a guide to help you select the right items for particular injuries.
- Can serve a large number of People – The first aid kit has enough supplies to serve up to 50 people. This makes it ideal for use in group events, in business premises or even the whole family use.
- The case does not hold for Long – The housing of the kit breaks down easily especially the clips that lock the box. It inconveniences you when carrying it from home.
- The bandages are standard – The bandages are cheap although they still work. It would better if higher quality bandages were packed.
The first aid kit is ideal for large families and organizations. It provides enough items for various emergency conditions a long with an easy to use guide to help improve the effectiveness of the first aid procedures.
Who is best suited to use the product?
The product is good for use by medium to large groups, companies, and family. The kit has most of the essential items to use in various outdoor situations such as the road or the forest.
3. Surviveware Small First Aid Kit for Hiking, Backpacking, Camping, Travel, Car & Cycling (under 40 USD)
Surviware first aid kit is put together to help address small injuries and other emergencies at home, on the move and outdoors.
The main items in the package include antiseptic wipes, adhesive bandages, CPR pouch, sting relief wipes, whistle, splinter probes, safety pins, eye pads, and emergency pads among other items. This first aid package is sold by All ware incorporated. It is one in several first aid items sold by the Company.
The Pros & Cons Of The Surviware First Aid Kit
- Waterproof – The bag is waterproof as a whole. Moreover, the items are waterproof in their separate laminate pouches. You can have the package out in the wet conditions without damaging any of the contents of the bag.
- Durable – The bag is made of 600D polyester. This makes it one of the best durable first aid bags at this price range. It also has durable cutting items such as the stainless steel scissors that you can use several times over without a problem.
- Compact and light – The 100+ items in the bag are well arranged to take up as small space as possible while at the same time make it easy to reach for individual items that you may need. It is so small that it can fit into a car’s glove. The package has straps at the back that allows you to wear it on other bags or wear it on your belt when on the move. This makes it easier to have it on your hiking or riding trips. When combined with its water resistance quality, you can have it all the time, during the wet and dry season.
- Interior pockets labeled as per their functions – Each of the interior pockets is labeled as per its function. It helps in the stressful conditions when you might not recall the use of a specific item. There is also an empty pocket at the back where you can store your prescription medicine.
- No space for adding additional items – There is no space where you can include any other items that you may need for first aid in your hiking or riding. You have to carry an additional bag for additional items.
This is an ideal first aid companion for your outdoor escapades. It has a little of everything put together so well that it helps solve small and medium accidents with ease. It is also convenient to carry every time you go out of the home
Who is best suited to use the product?
The first aid kit is best suited for outdoors with riders, people on a picnic, camping, and kayaking among other persons. The water resistance ability ensures that the contents are safe even in wet conditions. Sting relief wipes are good for insect bites.
The whistle can help when you are lost, and CPR bags can help deal with emergency allergies, hives, and other problems that may cause breathing problems.
The Body Source First Aid kit contains premium medical supplies for home and office first aid needs. The kit comes with a soft case and fabric carrying straps. This is meant to make it easier to carry the bag even when you are walking or riding.
The first aid kit is sold by The Body Source and comes with a logo and a green carrying bag. The accessories in the bag are tested and approved by FDA for use in first aid.
The Pros & Cons Of The 90 Pieces First Aid Kit
- All essential first aid accessories included in the package: There are over 90 essential items in the package including emergency foil blanket.
- The bag is light weight but hard wearing. This ensures that the items inside do not get broken as you shove them around. The items are arranged in compartments, and some space left just in case you want to add some other items to the pack.
- Compact. The bag can be carried anywhere or stored into trailer camping bag or in the car with ease. It makes it easy for any traveler to go with it.
- Too small. Despite boasting of 90 items in the package, the items are too small in sizes. Therefore, you may not use the kit for more than once when dealing with medium injuries before having to replenish some of the contents.
- Too many cotton pads. There are too many cotton pads in expense for other essential items that should be in the park.
The Body Source first aid kit is an ideal for small families and individual users at home, office and on the move. However, it may not be sufficient for treating emergencies involving more than a single person.
Who is best suited to use the product?
It does a great job in the kitchen with small injuries with knives and small injuries in the yard. It has ten antiseptic wipes and 40 adhesive band aids to cater for small accidents here and there over and over again.
The first aid kit is sold by One Retain Group Us and the order fulfilled by Amazon. You can use the Two-fay free shipping by Amazon Prime to get your kit delivered fast.
5. Protect Life First Aid Kit for Car, Travel, Camping, Home, Office, Sports, Survival (under 25 USD)
Protect Life first aid kit comes with all the necessary first aid accessories that you need at home when on travel, on a journey, out playing in the field or during adventure escapades. They are put to get in an easy to carry bag that you can even carry when on foot.
The first aid kit is sold by Protect life and sold with its logo on the side. It is one of the two types of first aid kits that they sell in the market.
The Pros & Cons Of The Protect Life First Aid Kit
- All the essentials put in one package – The Protect life first aid kit has everything you need to take care of small and medium injuries before you reach a health center. It also includes a compass to find your way home just in case you are lost in the jungle.
- Durable – The first aid bag is crafted using 600D canvas. It also has clear and practical compartments for easy access.
- Lightweight – The first aid kit is light in weight and easy to carry from one place to other even when you are walking on foot. It is great for camping, hikes and literary in the outdoor event.
- High quality – The items in the kit are FDA approved and tested by registered health professionals
- Small quantities of the items – Despite having all the essentials, the items are in small sizes. This means that you cannot use the first aid bag for more than one or a few times without replenishing the accessories.
- Poor quality dressing items – It has very poor quality dressing bandages according to the users. You may end up having to use more rolls that you would use if it were of good quality.
This first aid kit is great for small injuries for not more than a few people. It has all that is required for most of the emergencies but in small quantities.
To who is this product suited?
This product is for people on the move, especially on foot. Since it is lightweight and has all the first aid items you may need in the jungle, when camping and hiking, it makes a great accompaniment for your adventure.
Items like moleskin blister relief, compass, rescue howler whistle, and disposable raincoat makes it ideal for adventure seekers and outdoor enthusiasts. There are also items for small skin injuries, dressing bigger wounds and relieving stings from the insects in the wild.
You can get the product on Amazon. It is delivered as a whole package with all the items listed on the website. It is delivered within 3-5 days.
My Final Verdict
First Aid, Only All-purpose First Aid Kit is the winner product among the five products.
- It has most of the medical supplies you need when injured or during an accident. You can rely on the kit with buying additional items. You have adequate pain relievers, dressings, and tools to deal with most common injuries.
- It has larger quantities of commonly used items such as bandages and dressings. You will not be required to replenish the same fast.
- It is compact but has some room to store additional items that you feel are needed for first aid.
The main drawback of the product is that it lacks some essential items such as the sting reliever ointment, a whistle, or the CPR bags.
You may need some of these when camping or hiking in the jungle. Otherwise, you have most of the other items that you may require on your adventure trip.
Thanks for reading my “Top 5 Best First Aid Kit Review” and hope you got the help you wanted.
Important: I do get a small referral if you buy via one of my links. Thanks again!
Talk soon – if you have any questions, please let me know!
Best Survival Guides:
>>> Survival MD Review
>>> Survival Shack Emergency Survival Shelter Tent Review
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure for more info. I do get a small referral if you buy via my links – that´s why all informations are free for you on my website.