Hi there, it’s Frank here with the water storage tank reviews? Are you looking to buy the best water storage tanks but not sure the best one? My water storage tank reviews will show you the best five water storage tanks on the market currently with different capacities to choose from. Thanks for reading as you look forward to choosing the best water storage tanks that best match your needs.
No survival advice goes without advising you to store enough water to survive any crisis. Water is so crucial for our survival such that a person can for up to 21 days without food but will not survive a week without water. This is just an estimate and would certainly be shorter depending on the conditions. No day can pass without you spending water in your home. So it makes perfect sense to store water just in case the pipes run dry.
Choosing the best water storage tank is never an easy thing as there are many options out there. Storage water tanks come in different sizes, shapes, and prices and knowing what suits you is important. One of the most important considerations, when you want a water storage tank, is how you intend to use the water. Is the water for indoor use, outdoor use or just long-term storage to use when there is a crisis?
What size tank do I require?
The capacity of your water storage tank will entirely depend on your water usage needs, the shape of your household and garden. Slimline tanks are perfect for narrow spaces while round squat tanks best fit under the deck.
Apart from size, you can also consider the material used to make the tank, the costs and the regulations in your local area. Personally, I prefer plastic water tanks as they are relatively cheap, durable and rust-free.
In our best water storage tanks review, we will help you select the best tanks on the market currently based on reviews and recommendations. We have selected the best water storage tanks under different capacities so that you find a tank that best suits your needs and desires.
Starting from the smallest gallons to the biggest, here are the best five water storage tanks.
The Eastman 60022 Expansion Tank is a great choice to start our list especially for those looking for a small-sized tank to solve their water storage needs. This is an ideal water storage tank to connect to your heater with a factory pre-charged pressure of 40 PSI. It has a maximum capacity of 2 gallons and can effectively serve you. It is a thermal expansion tank with a capability to prevent hot from back flowing and mixing with the cold water. It is designed in a manner that hot water will not escape through the pressure relief valve or mix with cold water. Hot water mixing or escaping through the pressure valve is a common problem experienced in most homes where the tank serves as a reservoir for hot water.
Thermal expansion of this tank is the main selling feature maintaining water at constant pressure and preventing the damage of the heater. This tank is easily installed without any problems and should help your heater last for longer.
Main features of the thermal expansion tank
- 2-gallon tank
- 304 stainless fittings
- ¾-inch Mip connection
- Butyl rubber diaphragm
- Comes pre-charged at 40 PSI
The Pros and cons of the Eastman 60022 Expansion Tank
- Installation is pretty easy without ant hitches
- It helps water heater last longer by preventing constant fluctuations
- It prevents hot water from flowing back into the cold water
- It is reasonably priced
- It meets the minimum requirement for a 60-gallon water tank
- It is small in size, just two gallons
Who is best suited for this water storage tank?
This is the best tank for small homes that require heated water most of the time. It is a perfect solution for all your water heating problems as the tank expands and prevents fluctuations in pressure.
If your water requirements are more, then you can go for more capacity with this Express Water Storage Tank by Tankro. It is a four-gallon capacity tank with a metal diaphragm giving it more resistance that tanks with plastic shells. This tank is highly rated and recommended online all for the right reasons. You can be sure of a quality purchase with features that make it quite effective and durable. The construction is solid using the finest FDA grade materials.
At the top of the tank is a stainless steel connection. Three layers sturdily ensure this tank lasts for years. We have the outer polypropylene shell followed by an internal steel dome and an inner virgin polypropylene liner. The smooth internal construction of this tank prevents abrasion of the diaphragm. The connection process is also quick making this tank a great choice.
- 4 gallons outside volume, tank holds 3.2 gallons of water. This goes to show the heavy construction of this tank
- The tank comes pre-charged at 5-7 PSI
- It is the best pressure tank on the market designed to last you five plus years
- It is made of a standard bladder that is food grade and does not have the plastic or rubber smell.
- Stainless steel connection at top
- Brass cap with an internal )-ring guaranteeing there will be no air loss from the air-vent
The pros and cons of the Express Water Tank
- It has a metal diaphragm that offers greater resistance as compared to the plastic types
- Stable water flow
- Built for reverse osmosis due to the stainless steel connection
- There is no air loss from the air-vent due to the brass cap that has an internal O-ring
- Made of standard bladder that is food grade
- Quick connection process
- Excellent customer service
- Durable and will serve you for years
- There are reported incidents of the free valve leaking
- The water has the taste of the metal tank and rarely gets off until washed severally
Who is best suited for this tank?
This water storage tank is best suited for an average family of four without huge needs for water. The four gallons capacity will serve you sufficiently and for long. The Eastman makes a perfect replacement for RO tanks that have lost their capacity.
The sturdy construction of the tank makes it a good purchase worth your money. The Eastman Express is made of high-grade materials that guarantee you durability. It has a smooth internal that prevents the diaphragm from causing any abrasion damage. Overall, this is a high-quality water storage tank that you can buy with confidence.
WaterWorker is a leading brand in the water tank industry, and this 20-gallon blue tank is a highly recommended choice. It is a durably constructed tank with a pre-charged tank that is designed to maintain its pressure for years of use. Some of the unique features of this tank include a thick diaphragm that helps separate pre-charged air and water from mixing. The thick steel construction of the tank supports the huge 20 gallons of water while the interior polypropylene lining prevents odors and air from being absorbed into the water. 20 gallons is the actual tank capacity which is quite big. It has a rated size of 43 gallons.
Individuals looking for a larger tank can opt for this 20-gallon capacity tank. It is a lot bigger but limited on space and a great addition to any home. The tank offers users constant water pressure without any fluctuations as experienced with most tanks. WaterWorker can easily be installed in a small cramped space making the tank an ideal choice for homes with limited space. The fact that the tank is horizontal makes connections pretty easier as compared to vertical tanks which are difficult to access.
Main features of the WaterWaterHT20HB Horizontal Pressure Well Tank
- It has a high gloss finish that protects the tank from the harsh weather elements outside
- It comes pre-charged at 25 PSI, but users can always refer to the manual for ideal pre-charge settings
- Seamless construction of the diaphragm which is flex rather than stretching
- The WaterWater has been designed to meet the listed requirements of the National Sanitation Foundation, NSF
- The interior of the tank is a polypropylene liner. The protection of the water reservoir does not pill, crack, chip, peel or have any impact on the taste of the water.
- A strong and thick diaphragm liner that isolates water from contacting the deep drawn steel domed shell.
The pros and cons of the WaterWorker tank
- It is designed to maintain its air charge for years
- It uses a thick diaphragm that separates water from air and prevents air loss
- The thick and deep drawn shell of the tank enables to support the entire weight of the tank
- It does not give water any odors
- The outer construction of the tank is a high gloss finish that protects it from damaging weather elements
- It has a durable polypropylene liner reservoir that will not chip, crack, peel or flake
- There is a great customer service that will answer all your questions
- It is compact and does not take a lot of space
- The horizontal design allows for easy connection as the tank can easily be accessed.
- The motor mount does not hold firmly
- You can only drain the tank about halfway as it lacks a bottom drain
Who is best suited for this tank?
This tank is best suited for homes with limited space. It is a large 20-gallon capacity tank but one that fits in compact areas well. If you require water on a regular basis either to irrigate your garden or greenhouse, then the Waterwater will be a suitable solution.
The WAterWater is an affordable water storage tanks built sturdily and a good value for your money. It meets the minimum requirements of water tanks set by the Water and Sanitation Foundation and a good buy. It is durable and lost lasting serving you for years without any fluctuations in pressure.
Norwesco tanks are always a durable choice on the market constructed using resins that meet the FDA regulations. This 35-gallon tank is a suitable choice that can be used to store safe water for human use. However, the tank is more versatile and can be used to store agriculture chemicals, fertilizer solutions, plant foods and liquid feeds. It has a rugged and corrosion resistant construction that does not leak or have joints.
Users can be guaranteed of quality and price when buying this tank. It is a durable tank and a safe choice that is also approved by NSF.
Main features of the 35 gallon Norwesco tank
- One 5-inch opening at the top with a lid
- Constructed using a durable polypropylene materials
- Backed with a three-year warranty
- Bulkhead installed at the bottom of one side with a 0.25-inch female NTP
- 35-gallon capacity
- White in color and weighs 13 pounds
Pros and cons of the Norwesco tank
- Huge storage capacity of 35 gallons which can be a lifesaver when there is a water shortage
- Made of a quality polymer to withstand harsh weather elements
- Versatile and can be used to store a wide variety of liquids
- Five-inch lid opening at the top for easy cleaning
- Rugged and corrosion resistant
- Does not leak, rust or have seams
- Shutoff valve not included and must be bought separately
- No lanyard to prevent the lid from falling when filling
Who is the suited for this tank?
This tank is a perfect suit for homes with gardens and small greenhouses. It offers farmers great storage for their feeds, potable water, agricultural chemicals and a lot more.
Norwesco 35-gallon tank can be a lifesaver for all your water storage needs with huge capacity. It is sturdily constructed without any joints, seams, leaks or rust and will serve you efficiently. The tank has a three-year warranty so go ahead and purchase with confidence.
The Falcon 2.1 G is our leading water storage tank when you need a 50-gallon capacity. It is a highly rated and recommended tank online. The tank comes pressurized at 55 PSI and rarely fluctuate the pressure for years to come. Overall, this is a good value for your money with great features that benefit the user is so many ways. The water is clean and does not have any smell with a 100% rubber butyl inner lining.
The connection of the tank is pretty simple with stainless steel connectors. Appliance quality paint on the tank ensures it perfectly works for both indoor and outdoor use. Overall, this is a highly durable and quality tank made of the 16 gauge cold rolled stainless steel metal.
- Made of the highly durable 16 gauge cold rolled steel metal
- The water chamber 100% butyl rubber and lined with polypropylene preventing any smells
- Backed by a five-year warranty
- Quality paint for both outdoor and indoor use
- Stainless steel connections
- Comprehensively tested
Pros and cons
- The Falcon tank is comprehensively tested and backed by a five-year warranty
- Maintains safe pressure in domestic homes
- Water is nicely separated from the air chamber through thick diaphragm
- Does not rust or corrode
- Outer quality paint prevents any corrosion making the tank ideal for indoor and outdoor use
- Large water storage capacity
- Easy installation instructions
- Lacks a decent mounting solution
Who is best suited for this tank?
Well, this tank is a versatile choice for any domestic homes with big demands for water. It is a durable option that can be installed outdoors or indoors and still serve you efficiently. It is a perfect choice for homes that use a backflow preventer.
If your needs for water are huge, then the Falcon with a 50-gallon capacity will be a great water storage tank. It is durable and a worthy choice for your money.
Water storage tanks are a must-have for every home as water use is daily. These five are the best picks on the market in different capacities. Go right ahead and identify your water needs before choosing a tank that suits your needs. If you have a big family and huge demands for water on a daily basis, then go with the 50-gallon tank to sufficiently supply you with water. However, for small and average families, you can choose a lower size the matches your needs.
Place your order today to have one of these amazing tanks sent to you. They are pretty easy to install with clear manual guide instructions to help you.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure for more info. I do get a small referral if you buy via my links – that´s why all informations are free for you on my website.