Today’s generation is over-dependent on electricity. Without power, the entire world would be lifeless. Just imagine the planet Earth without electricity, scary isn’t it? It is high time we started preparing ourselves to protect taking down the whole power grid, including our devices from an imminent Electromagnetic Pulse Attack also known as EMP.
FARADAY CAGE is the solution!
Below is a qualitative description of steps about creating a Faraday Cage in ultra-low cost, which would help us safeguard our devices from such a vicious attack.
So, let’s begin…
- Buy some good quality aluminium foil
- Solid – Aluminium foil is a solid metal, best known for three extremely vital properties.
- Opacity – Aluminium foil happens to be a metal. It transmits the wavelengths of light and acts a barrier to the ultraviolet spectrum
- Reflectivity of foil – Aluminium foil reflects almost 97.9% of heat radiation and light radiation.
- Non-magnetic behavior – Aluminium is non-magnetic in nature, hence acts as a non-trespassable boundary for pulses.
- So, the thicker foil you buy, the safer your device will be. Wrap your device with minimum 3 layers of aluminium foil. This is the first and minimal security protection layer system consisting of 3 layers of foil. The 3 layers will be enough to shield weak to medium strength EMPs thereby protection your gear from getting destroyed completely. That sounds safe, right? Wait, there is more. The cost is almost Zero!
- Do not keep the foil in contact with the device directly. Alert! This is very much important for you to make sure the device is not in direct contact with the layer system of foil. Otherwise, it will be like making a direct antenna for the EMP to penetrate right into the item to be protected. Scared? Don’t worry. Just wrap the device in paper, wax or cardboard box first and then go for aluminium foil wrapping. Make sure you wrap the device with utmost accuracy and precision. If your device has pointed ends or sharp antennas, it is not advisable to wrap it in thin plastic or paper. It may poke out through the paper. Instead, use a thick cardboard box for the initial layering. Keep aside removable batteries and use non-conductive wrappers
- Batteries – Mostly contain liquid chemicals and you don’t want to discover your batteries leaking and ruining your precious devices while inside the Faraday cage. Be proactive. For pointy objects, a cloth sheet is the best choice because this is non-conducting and hence electrical signals cannot be leaked in any way whatsoever. With the cloth sheet, a plastic wrap can be added for an added advantage of the ability to see through it and make sure the cloth sheet is always in place. Tape can also be used in place of plastic sheet, but, tape is not re-usable. Reuse, Recycle, Restore and thus cut down on costs. Economical you see!
- Put the final covering in the form of Galvanized Steel Trash Can. EMP is a decidedly threatening pulse and every layer between it and the device reduces its capability to destroy the device. One of the easiest ways is to cover the wrapped foil in a galvanized steel trash can with a tight fitting lid. This is astonishing how well this works! Use cardboard lining on the inside of the trash can so as to avoid direct contact of the gears with the inside surface of the can. Once this is done, put the lid on. It is advisable to put duct tape the lid in place, so that accidental knocks don’t loosen the lid providing entry to the EMP.
So, simple these steps are, aren’t they?
One final important tip: Don’t ever rush to take out your devices after an EMP attack takes place. The criminals might be using the first attack as a preparatory phase before launching their main attack to destroy the entire power grid of the world, which includes all your devices. The above mentioned steps are easy, but these require precision and careful execution.
Do not ever panic! If there is ever an EMP attack, mankind will still survive, but hardships will be there. What you can do is, minimize the extent of difficulties you would face when in the process of transition to a whole new life, a life without power, a life without internet, a life without connectivity. But do not fear as of now, just prepare yourselves for the worst and enjoy life. Remember, prevention is always better than cure.
Best EMP Survival Guides:
>>> Click Here For My “Faraday Cage Bags” Review
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure for more info. I do get a small referral if you buy via my links – that´s why all informations are free for you on my website.